Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

What me falling && nothing bad happen to non-believers? that's not fair.

Hey, so I had a super long day babysitting today, and once the kiddos went to sleep I was reading my Bible. I came across this verse, which I have read a handful of times, but for some reason it stuck out to me! So I will briefly touch what I feel the Lord is saying :)

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption; bloodthirsty and deceitful men will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in you"
-Psalms 55:22-23

This verse pretty much explains a lot, or it does in my mind. So many people always ask why people who don't follow God have such a great life and how nothing bad ever happens to them. Well does this verse not explain what will happen? hah First off, I don't why we always have to compare ourselves to people who don't know God, and secondly, it shouldn't be a big deal to us...that's called jealousy. The Lord will do what needs to be done, we have no say in that, so don't stress over it. It says that God will bring down the wicked, that doesn't sound like "nothing bad ever happens to them" to me. Then it goes on to say they will not live out half their days, instead of worrying about why they have it good, maybe we should witness to them, or share the love of Christ with them. Rather than gossiping, I think it should be our job to bring them to Jesus, so this won't be their story.

On a brighter note, it says to cast your cares on the Lord, He will basically help us out, He will be there for us no matter what. And he will NEVER let the righteous fall. This is so encouraging to me, because so many times we feel like we hit rock bottom, or that we did something so bad that we can't be forgiven. Well we also have to know that we serve a gracious forgiving God, and that when we feel like we are at our all time low, he picks us up and puts us on higher ground! Be encouraged because he truly does LOVE >

&& remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment