Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

New Phases...New Stages...

So today was a somewhat sad day, I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends! She's moving to Grand Rapids, Michigan for college! It's definitely sad to know that she's going to be soo far away, but at the same time it's about that time where we are all stepping into that next stage in life.

So the Lord reassured me with this verse: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

Life is always changing, and we are constantly having to accept changes whether we like them or not! Leaving to college for example, it may seem super exciting, but when that moment comes, it feels like time flew by to fast. Sometimes we may feel a little sad, but we need to understand that it is in God's hand. He is holding us in the palms of his hands, getting ready to place us where we need to be! No matter how worked up we may find ourselves, or how not ready we feel, the Lord knows exactly what He is doing. No need to question why, but more so we need to be willing to accept the next stage!

The verse says that His plans are to proser us and not to harm us. I don't know about you, but this is unbelievably encouraging! He is ALWAYS looking out for our best interests, whether we think He is or not! His plans are to give us hope and a future! And I know sometimes its soooo hard to fully grasp that, because sometimes things don't work out the way we plan or have liked them to turn out. Regardless, we need to have faith and believe in His promises, because I definitely want to see these fully fulfilled in my life!

Lastly this reminds me of one part in a Jesus Culture/Chris Quilala song from the album Your Love Never Fails && actually the song is titled Your Lover Never Fails. Anyways there is a part in the song that I find myself singing a lot, it says, YOU MAKE ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD! I love that, because it is soooo true!!!

So remember that guys, He has a plan to proser us, and never to harm us! Give us a hope and a future, and he has everything planned out, so don't stress, let the Lord handle it!

** Here is the full song, check it out!


&& Remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!

3 comments:

  1. exactly! anytime I feel overwhelmed about my future and what I'm supposed to do and where I'm supposed to go, I just quote this verse..because God's got it under control :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you new background....as well as your thoughts on change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why thank you, I thought it was about time to change things up :)

    ReplyDelete