Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Do onto others...

I was just thinking about the way people treat each other, whether siblings, family, friends, etc. And I remember growing up, my parents would always tell me this. They would instill it in my head, that I need to treat others the way I want to be treated. It's sad that as we grow up, we let go of this mentality, and I'm speaking to myself on this one. We just decided to apply this to people we like or our best friends, but we act rude and selfish towards others.

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you..."
-Matthew 7:12

This also made me think of the many people that expect people to treat them a certain way, whether it be with special treatments, or whatever it may be. But they don't treat other people like that, they just expect you to do it even though they pretty much treat you the opposite.

Regardless, we all can be challenged in this area, say there is a person that you don't mesh well with...and you find yourself treateing them based on the frustration you're feeling, or you just act annoyed with them...but you expect other people to treat you normal. Doesn't make sense why we do it...especially thinking of it this way. Many times you come across genuine people that will automatically treat you nicely, but you can't rely on everyone being like that towards you. So it somewhat reminds me of you reap what you sow..if you sow respect and honor into people, that is what you will get back [for the most part ;)].

So this is a challenge to treat EVERYONE the way you would like to be treated, whether you feel like they are your arch enemy, or your best friend in the whole wide world!! Do to other what you would want them to do for you!! :) and not just in some things...but in EVERYTHING!!

&& remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment