Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Listening to the voice could save you...

So pretty much the last night I had a scary moment, to make a long story short I was working out with a friend, and there were these kind of sketchy guys staring and acting creepy. They came in with 3 total, and they kept signaling each other and smiling and acting suspicious. So anyways my heart was beating fast, and I felt like they were planning something, and I was unsure exactly what to do. I not only left my phone in my friends car(who had just left to get her ear phones), but all the other people left in the gym there, and it was just me and the 3 men. Eventually my friend came back and we just kept doing our cardio and were acting as if nothing was wrong, then I fell something inside me say, "Get out NOW!". So I was thinking that it was just myself freaking out and that it wasn't anything serious. So 4 minutes later, my timer for the cardio machine had 5 seconds, and I hear it again, "GET OUT RIGHT NOW!" So I figured it was seriously the Lord trying to save me from something. So my friend and I leave and hop in her car as fast as possible, then we see the 3 guys walk out the door towards where we were, so we sped away!

I said all this to really listen for the voice of God! And listen out for the Holy Spirit trying to save you and keep you away from things. Because my friend and I both felt that something bad would have happend if we didn't get out! The Lord speaks to us all the time, but many times we don't listen for it, I should have listened to the first voice I heard and not waited. We need to be alert ALL THE TIME, not just when we feel scared and anxious! The Lord is always looking out for us and warning us, and by giving us the spirit of discernment, so we need to put that to good use!

Then I came across this verse last night, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
-1 Peter 5:8

Not saying that something bad would have for sure happend to us, but you can never be to cautious, because the Lord speaks for a reason! And we should definitely always be alert because the devil is out to kill, steal, and destroy!

So this is a challenge, really listen to what you feel the Holy Spirit telling you, and use your discernment, with those it could save you from danger!

&& remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment