Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cheating?

Ok, soooo...
Now that college is in session, I've been finding myself like somewhat busy..or should I say finding myself with a lot of more things to do..aka HOMEWORK :(
Which is a bummer because I really want to write on here everyday..so with that being said, I am going to try my hardest to cut some other thing out so that I can write :) sound good?


So the other day I was reading this verse, actually I have been for the past couple months.
“Do not let sin control the way you live. ... Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin.”
-Romans 6:12-13

This some what refers back to the thing I mentioned of being set apart and not of this sinful world. We cannot let sin control us..nor can we let it have in stronghold in our lives.

I was at Jesus Culture Las Vegas not to long ago, and Banning Liebscher spoke about holiness and living a consecrated life, fully set apart to be used by God. He shared this story that has stuck with me ever since..
So he said suppose a man was proposing to his future wife and he said this... "I promise to be loyal and faithful to you 364 days a year, but on that one day, I am allowed to do whatever I want, I can cheat and live for myself." Then he said do you think she would have married the man if he said that? Answer is NO! Then he said this is the same as our relationship with God, we cannot give only some days to God and not everyday..relationships can't last when someone is cheating.

Think about all the times we "cheat" on God, when we listen to music we shouldn't be listening to, watching movies we shouldn't be watching, and say things we definitely shouldn't say. As a matter of fact, we do it daily. So this is a challenge to really watch for this, we need to make sure to not let this happen as much as possible. We need to not engage in things that do not glorify God.

We also need to understand that the more you feed your flesh, the more hungry it becomes. Its like a hole that keeps getting bigger. The more you listen to music that glorifies sex, money, women/men, the more you're going to crave that! It's a cycle people find themselves falling in, they try soooo hard to stay pure and not give into what their body wants, but you're making it harder on yourself when you're listening to music about sex. That's the truth!!

So truly watch what you watch and watch what you listen to! I have been truly watching the music I listen to lately, because I don't want to feed the wrong spirit. Bottom line for me is, no secular music. Secular music isn't JUST Jay-Z, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Alicia Keys, and all those artists. It doesn't just have to talk about sex and money to be considered secular, many people like to justify it by saying, well they aren't singing about bad/immoral things. But it doesn't matter, it is secular if it doesn't glorify the name of God!!

So remember this when you make daily choices, you don't want to be a "cheater"!!

&& remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!


2 comments:

  1. When we can say no to the visible in our lives...God can release the invisible to our lives. Good Word, Brittany...God has got something higher for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent word!! Praying for you today! Thank you for being faithful with the words that God is speaking to you! It is both encouraging and edifying! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete