Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's not all about me...

Supp :) Anyways so I was at my college group last night, and I opened up my Bible and began reading and this is what caught my eye...

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality."
-Romans 12:9-13

Okay, so a couple key things stuck out to me in these verses. One is honor one another above yourself, this hits me so hard, because very rarely do people consistently do this. People are always trying to please themselves and do what is most convenient for them, rather than taking into consideration other peoples needs. They don't place other people before what they themselves need, which each and everyone of us has done. So I want to challenge you to think of others before you think of yourself, make sure other people are taken care of before you think to take care of yourself. Maybe we can bring about more kindness and peace among people if we choose to honor others more often.

The other part that stuck out to me was be patient in affliction, meaning whenever you face tough times or are in the midst of a battle, don't get anxious and overwhelmed, but rather be patient and calm ;) Just a note to think about! I know I've talked about this before...but this is just a friendly reminder!

The most significant one to me is...(drum roll please)...Share with God's people who are in need, practice hospitality!! There are so many people that need our help, but we are either to selfish or stubborn to lend a hand. And they are our brothers and sister in Christ, but we are too busy or think were too good to help them out. I believe that we need to be a smile, and an encourager, and a person to lend a helping hand to those in need. This goes back to honoring others above yourself, when others are in need, we need to help them. Let's be sure to practice hospitality every chance we get, by giving and accommodating those who need it :D

REMEMBER: Help others, and put others before yourself! Be there with arms open to catch those who need help, and be there to help pull them out of the ditch they're in! Show them love and compassion :) && ALWAYS BELIEVE

No comments:

Post a Comment