Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

hmm. who is "the one" for me?

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to apologize for not have written anything in a while. We have been out of town doing ministry the past 10 days, and I have been pretty much on the go! So this being my first day back home, I was able to relax for a little bit, and now have time to write :)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keep no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preservers."
-1 Corinthians 13:4-7

So pretty much we are all on this quest to find "the one", well I mean for those of us that are single. I mean I have only lived 18 years so far and yet I constantly hear of girls trying to find boyfriends and guys trying to find girlfriends. I feel like we all understand that eventually the Lord will either lead us, or bring someone to us. But the world makes it seem as if we always need to be in a relationship if we want to be happy. The world always places a picture of what a relationship should look like, but we know how a real true love relationship should look like.

Don't ever settle for anything less than the best, you are royalty and the Lord has the perfect person for you. He had already picked this person out for you, as I like to say I won't date a guy unless I can see myself marrying him. And to be honest with you, I haven't found him. That doesn't mean that I haven't come across some good looking guys that could maybe be a possibility, but it means that unless I hear from the Lord, I'm not getting myself involved! Too many people date around in hopes that they think it's the one, then they end up wasting time, emotions, and energy on someone they weren't made to be with. Or many people are too desperate and just date the first Godly woman/man they see without even consulting with the Lord, this can lead into a diaster. I don't know about you, but I want the Lord to be able to bless the relationship I'm in, I don't want to be in a relationship just to say I have a boyfriend. This is were we need to use good judgement and wisdom, don't be like the world and openly pass yourself around to test the waters.

Ok, let me put this out there. There is nothing good about "missionary dating". Let me translate this for you, if you are dating someone to try and get them to give their lives to God, it doesn't work this way. You should never date someone to try and save them, now you can be their friend and try and lead them to the Lord, but dating is a no-no. It is way harder than you think. And whenever someone asks me some traits I want in the future man, I say that #1 is he has to love/know God. Because I want someone who is going to make me want to strive everyday to get closer to our Maker, and someone who is so on fire for the Lord that it is evident. Because how many of you know that if I were to date someone who wasn't on the right path, it could bring me down, it could lead me down a path that I don't need to be going down.

I'm sure you have all heard this verse, but it is soooooo true.
"Do not be mislead: 'Bad company corrupts good character.' Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning"
-1 Corinthians 15:33

Constantly being around people that aren't good influences on you starts to rub off on you, you start to do the things they do, you start of with the little things, then it'll keep leading you into more dangerous stuff. It starts to deteriorate and desensitize your conscience, whenever the Holy Spirit will try to convict you, it gets that much more harder to feel it, because you are so into it, and deeper in the things you know you shouldn't be doing.

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wicked have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God."
-2 Corinthians 6:14-16a

*Back to missionary dating, you read it right here....NO!
*Don't just date to date, dating just to say you have boyfriend/girlfriend....NO!
*Don't date someone if you can't see yourself marrying them!
*Don't waste your time, energy, and emotions on someone if they aren't worth it, use that time with God!
*BE PATIENT! Your time will come to fall in love with the man or woman of your dreams! NEVER RUSH!
*Seek God about it, and remember to follow what the Lord is telling you, not just what your flesh is telling you!

**Lastly, just breathe, relax! Let the Lord work this one out for you, he will bring the perfect person, I promise! I came to realize that the more I look, the more I realize I won't be able to find him on my own, I need the Lord's help. Also the more I look, the more anxious and desperate I become to find him...no-no! So just wait it out and be as patient as you can, because the Lord has a plan ;)

& remember... ALWAYS BELIEVE!



4 comments:

  1. Brittany you are so awesome! This is a Great Message! :)
    Talia Ruble

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, our generation so needs this message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this... wow we really need you to speak to some of our guys and girls at The Refuge...But very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog...its very encouraging, ive started reading it pretty much daily!!! just curious as to what bible version you use?

    ReplyDelete