Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NO FEAR!

Hmm so pretty much I feel the need to touch again on fear...maybe it's just to challenge myself! lol But I'm just going to go for it and hopefully some of you feel challenged not to fear!

So sometime two weeks ago, my friend Christy, Brandon, and I decided to go from a hike on this trail near us called the Ridge. I wasn't really sure what to expect and I was just excited to get some exercise. Once we got there I read a sign that said to stay in the trail because there was mountain lions, my heart literally started beating 100 miles an hour. Christy mentioned that her dad had walked the trail and on his way back he say mountain lion foot prints in the dirt...I was legitimately scared. Christy and Brandon both kept comforting me and telling me that nothing would happen to me and Christy mentioned that she would put herself in front of the lion before it got to me! What a great friend, this definitely alleviated some of the fear. But ultimately the hike wasn't as enjoyable because I was sooooooo scared that a mountain lion would come after me, I was just over-reacting! Every little noise I heard I would jump because I thought it would be one of them, then I realized it was my brother chucking rocks in the trees and bushes. We honestly all heard one purr at us, but we had turned around already!

Anyways this reminded me that we can't our lives always being fearful, because then we will miss out on the "fun" or the things that God is trying to bless us with. As we were walking I remember myself quoting "God had not given me a spirit of fear, God has not given me a spirit of fear, God has not given me a spirit of fear!" haha literally! I felt relief, when I began to quote scripture, it definitely helped to calm my nerves and helped the hike to be more pleasurable! haha well here are some verses that I just wanted to remind you about, they have and will continue to help me not to stress about the little things!!

"Therefore, I will not fear, nor will I be dismayed, for behold, the Lord will save me from afar, and I will have rest and be quiet, and no one (or mountain lion) shall make me afraid."
-Jeremiah 30:10

"I will be strong and of good courage; I will not be afraid, nor will I be dismayed, for the Lord my God is He who goes with me, to fight against my enemies."
-Joshua 1:9
**Also as I began to quote scriptures, I remember thinking, wait I know that Lord is not going to take my out by a mountain lion, I still need to fulfill the things he has planned for me!

"In God I put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man (or mountain lions) do to me?"
-Psalms 56:11

Remember to be confident in the Lord, and don't be fearful, enjoy the fun things in life!!!! God will take care of the rest!!

ALWAYS BELIEVE!

3 comments:

  1. i like!
    lol.
    i'm reminded of a video i saw that was talking about God wanting all our fun..lol. they were joking, but could you imagine!? well..thank God he's the opposite of fear :) xoxxo R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha aww I love you. You're right, I did especially like this one! Proud of you for overcoming that fear & glad you did because it's far too pretty for you to never go back :) we'll hike the other trail and go up higher next time. Oh and the "purr" we heard was just a horse hahaha but it made me start walking faster at first too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely spoke to me, love it!

    ReplyDelete