Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

LOVE...

So today has been crazy busy, I've pretty much been all over the place traveling. And now I am finally situated at a place where I can write....ahhh relief!

So today I was doing a lot of thinking on pretty much one of the most common topics...LOVE :) Yes love, I am not talking about the love of man, and falling in love with your dream man/woman, and all the gushy lovey stuff. But more importantly, the Love of God. Honestly, I can't even understand how much he loves, I don't think our minds are supposed to completely grasp it besides that he loves us even more than the person who loves us the most on earth. And that sure is a lot..mannn!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever...His love endures forever...His love endures forever...His love endures forever..."
-Psalm 136:1-6

So hopefully by now that phrase is stuck in your head, HIS LOVES ENDURES FOREVER!!
Loving someone is to be passionate towards them, to have a strong enthusiasm or liking, and a benevolent love for them. I believe that this is how God feels towards us, well obviously, but it is so true. God's love and compassion for us is beyond what we can even imagine. No matter what we do or say can take away from this love he has for us! God is so zealous for us, so why can't we do the same? I know many times we find ourselves busy and having a lot to do, but I want to challenge you to spend time with the One who loves you the most. We can spend so much time hanging out with our boyfriends/girlfriends, but we can't give God at least an hour a day or less. How does that work? I'm also speaking to myself on this one, we can all be challenged by this! As I was thinking today, I was convicted, Yeah I spend some good time in my word everyday and praying, but we can never give God too much time! We can spend hours watching tv and on the computer, but we... I think you catch my drift!

I'm not saying that you have to give this certain amount of time, because many times people don't have a lot of time to spare because school and work. And since we have such a loving gracious God, he won't be upset at you, but spending time with our Creator should be first priority, does this make sense?

"And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul."
-Dueteronomy 10:12

All God wants to do is be close with us, you can't be in a loving strong relationship when both sides aren't giving effort. And we know God is always the one wanting to spend time with us, which means that we are the ones who need to also engage and pursue, he's always open!

So I want to challenge everyone to spend as much time as your can with God, he wants you to experience his love, and realize that he loves us so much! But it's hard to see how much someone loves you until you "hang" out with them or spend time with them enough to realize or comprehend! :)

God's love is greater and better than anything else!

"Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not."
-C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff & really deep challenge...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete