Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grrr. Weariness

Do you ever have those days where you're just tired, or you are just feeling down a depressed? Answer is we all do, everyone at some point feels as if they are on their all time low. I remember days where I would just cry because I was so sad and disappointed in various things that were going on in my life. Then one day a couple years back I came across this verse...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
-Matthew 11:28

This verse honestly says so much, the Lord is telling us to come to him when were feeling stressed or uneasy. Because let me tell you, there is nothing like being in the presence of God, the peace is indescribable. This ties in with giving your anxiety to God, but this also adds that the Lord will give you peace, that rest that you need! All I know is that when I'm in the presence of God, nothing else matters, I can forget all my troubles and worries, and just soak in him. Whenever we are feeling overwhelmed or stressed, just remember that it is the Lord who will give you rest.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10

We have no reason to fear because the Lord is on our side, we always tend to forget that the Lord will help to make us strong when we feel weak, he wants to help us. But many times we're too stubborn to ask, or we feel so helpless that we don't even think to ask for help. Whether everything seems to be going wrong, or you feel like you just can't do anything right, just remember that the Lord has your back, he will never leave you nor forsake you. No matter how out of it you feel, or how weak you are mentally or physically, just know that you're not alone. I'm sure someone you know is feeling that same thing, everyone at one point or another feels this disconnection. This just means that we need to be positive and not let anything bring us down, because we are more than conquerors.

This verse to says it all for me:
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Matthew 40:30

Continue to trust in the Lord even when you feel like there is no hope, because he is more than willing and able to provide you with the strength even during your weakest times. Continue to grasp onto your faith, and just believe!

4 comments: