Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Sowing Generously

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" -2 Corinthians 9:6-7

So I remember sometime towards the end of 2010, I was at the Campus Awakening Conference and Jake Hamilton spoke a quick 5 minute thought on giving. As I listened in, I immediately felt convicted, not because I wasn't giving at all...but because I could give so much more. He then went on to say that he was doing this thing where he gave something away everyday, this struck me. How easy is that? Yet, we don't do it! Whether it's buying a homeless person lunch, treating your friend to coffee, or smiling at a random stranger and telling them that Jesus Loves them. We are capable of giving so much, but the culture around us has created this stingy (scarcity) mentality where we think we have to hold on tight to everything that we own. We need to break this mold of being so selfish and self-centered and start giving back!
Coming into this new year I had a goal in mind, that I wanted to sponsor a child from Africa :) I was very hesitant at first, because 1 I'm a college student, 2 because I don't have a job..meaning that I don't have any income coming in. But I felt the Lord breathe on this thought and I knew inside of me that it was something I should/could do! Just think, with a mere $35 a month I can help to provide a child with safe drinking water, food, health-care, and an education! I guess I said all this to say, GIVE!! What we sow out into the world, we will reap. Just like the verse ^^ up there talks about...Let's sow generously...bless somebody with your words and actions!!

&& Remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment