Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Don't Judge, don't do it!

So tonight I was sitting in my anthropology class, and there were these groups of girls that came all super dressed up, with their Starbucks, Louis Vuitton/gucci/juicy bags and they sat in the back. Meanwhile there is this really young kid who is very soft spoken, but he is a genius. It's obvious because he pretty much knows every answer and always gets called on to explain stuff. I noticed that every time he talks the girls in the back like whisper and laugh. Then maybe I thought they just were talking about something else, but it started to become a pattern. They would laugh every time this kid spoke. It made me somewhat angry because he seems like a genuine kid, he definitely wasn't doing anything wrong...so why would they be laughing? I tried to listen in and they were talking about his kind of quiet higher pitched voice. I thought to myself...seriously? Do you really have nothing better to do than make fun of the smart kid who is blatantly excelling before your eyes. The kid who could potentially be the genius that finds a cure for cancer, or becomes the next President, or brings an end to poverty. You never know what he will be in the future, yet they were making fun of him for his voice, it irritated me :/

So I just prayed that the Lord would convict them, or change their hearts! I was reading my Bible once I got home and came across these verses:

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
-Matthew 7:1-2

People pretty much expect catty girls in high school to judge and make fun of others, but in college? C'mon!! Anyways I was just thinking about the many times we all judge others, many times we don't even consciously do it. Like when we see a person walking down the street with somewhat worn out clothing, we think oh they must be poor. That stinks. Or if someone walks down the street and they don't look very attractive in your eyes, you immediately think, ewww they are so ugly, I would hate to be them. Think about it! We do it all the time!! Just because we do it, doesn't make it right, we need to start seeing people the way God sees them. Each and every one of us is the apple of His eye, he thinks we are perfect just the way we are. So why can't we think of others like that too?

The verse says it right here, when you judge others, you too will be judged. And you will be judged in an even higher manner, one day standing in front of the Lord. I definitely don't want to be judged for judging others! So this is a challenge to take control of your thoughts, to do your best not to make assumptions about others, and to not think bad things about them in your head. I have said it before, we need to be encouragers, not the catty little high school girls/boys that are immature. We are better than that guys, we want others to treat us with respect and not judge us, so we need to not judge others!

Remember if you judge, you will be judged....if you don't like being judged....then don't even go there in the first place!!
Let's be the one to befriend people, encourage them, and approach them with open minds.

&& remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!

1 comment:

  1. BOO-YAH, as always, you shoot straight from the heart (of the Father). Keep up the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete