Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Graduation....Embrace the Process

Crazy to think that I am graduating from college next week. As I think about my time here, it has flown by, literally right before my eyes. 

With that being said, there's something I want to address: Learning to embrace the process!
Sounds easy right? Especially because we all like to think that we so willingly "go with the flow." But do we really embrace all of life situations with joy, peace, and grace (not just the good ones)?

Since we're being honest here...school hasn't ever really been something I'm passionate about. I'd much rather workout, eat, sleep, you get the point. However, the Lord and his sense of humor has blessed me with the ability to do well in school regardless. But now looking back and my four years in college, I notice how I just did the schoolwork to get by, just to reach the point that I'm at now. I never really tried to excel, I never approached school as it being a blessing, my attitude was rarely positive. Oddly enough, I'm graduating Magna Cum Laude, but I don't know if I'm perfectly alright with that. Because why? There is so much more I could have gotten out of college if I really applied myself. I did work, just because I had to, not because I was embracing the process of growth that God was bringing me through. It wasn't until this past semester that the Lord brought this to my attention...let me rephrase that...It wasn't until this past semester that I actually listened and embraced what the Lord had been trying to show me.

The moment I shifted my perspective and improved my effort, I began to grow and mature. It's crazy to see how much I've grown just within my senior year. I now approach school with joy (even my 8am classes) because school is a blessing. When you give 100% in whatever you do, you are more at peace with where you are at in life. I believe this is because when you work hard for something, it has so much more meaning...because it cost you something. 

So whatever situation you are in...work, school, trials, tribulations, or the best time of your life... Embrace the process....approach it with joy (positive attitude), work to be at peace, and approach it with grace! You will get so much more out of it, you will enhance your growth and maturity, and you are essentially doing what God has called us to do in Colossians 3:23-24. 

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

1 comment:

  1. I've learned that God will teach me more things in the process of what I'm going through, if i am attentive and fully committed to the process. Whether that is pleasant road or feels like intense tribulation. Great post!

    ReplyDelete